Tuesday, April 8, 2014

urges on splurges

Splurged!

That means I’m beyond my level of tolerable stress.
These were my purchases:



purchases at watsons

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Nutri-Oil Serum @ Php242.00

Your 40ml goes a long way. Mine lasted for more than a year (Good thing it doesn’t have an expiration date). I don’t apply it on my entire head of hair but just on the tips where hair is driest. I use it to tame my unruly hair specially that I work indoors on an airconditioned room (it doesn’t fully tame my hair, but it’s more manageable when I use it).

A+ for extra shine it gives (my unhealthy hair looks a little healthy)

A++ for its advanced nutri-oils of natural coconut and almond oils that nourishes (so it’s not just faking a healthy hair but reparation through nourishment at the same time).

WHY I STICK TO IT: it’s non-greasy so your hair can still sway naturally with the wind. Once you forgot to use it, your hair will still look normal (compared to other products that damages hair because of residues ---you stop using the product and you’ll be faced with the truth that you damaged  your hair and so you have to keep using it until you kill it).

Dove Hair Therapy @Php155.00 for 180ml

This is my third tube. Compared to the ordinary Dove Conditioner,this one has another stripe for revolutionary nutria-oils. The ordinary Dove conditioner doesn’t really works well with my uber dry hair but this hair therapy works double on nourishment.

White Stripe for the conditioner

Yellow Orange Stripe for the revolutionary nutri-oils treatment from Coconut, Almond and Sunflower Oils)

WHY I LOVE IT:  
  • Again,it’s non-greasy and won’t make your hair limp.
  • Lesser time needed to rinse (compared to other conditioners I tried)
  • I love it when I squeeze the product out of the tube,it looks like a two toned icing on aStar tip (like those piped icing we see on cakes):D

                 
Jergens Ultra Healing @Php104.00 for 100ml

This one’s great for dry skin (‘nuff said)

WHY I THINK IT’S FOREVER FOR THE BOTH OF US: You can see the difference. Aside from the usual benefits of a lotion, Jergens comes with an unscented variant so it doesn’t clash with your perfume (if you’re using one) and doesn’t trigger nausea when you’re travelling (specially on a bus) plus doesn’t annoy anyone that are sensitive to strong scents.  (That anyone includes ME!)
It’s an ultimate find (I swear!)

BIO-OIL @495.00 for 60ml

I bought another BIO-OIL. The one I presented on my previous blog found its way to my cousin.


purchases at National Book Store (NBS)

YES April 2014 Issue with Qen on the cover (I promised myself that I’m buying a copy and so tadah!)

Stallion Island Series 16- This is for my collection. I have already completed the Stallion Series and they are now releasing copies for Stallion Island Series and Stallion Revisited. 

Pocketbooks have lesser effect on me now compared to when I was still in college, but I never missed a single book from the previous series and so I’d like to stick with completing the other series. (ehehe). The whole Stallion Series collection inspired me to excel in whatever field I’m into, to be goodly unique and establish my values, that sex isn't a proof for love and that everyone has a chance in love and war (not the bloody war though)…that each of us will soon encounter someone that would make us feel that we’re worth it and that the other person is worth it (too) and etc…*winks

I read them because it makes me happy.  They were my pick-me-upper in college. Dramatic pocketbooks are not for me because I believe I've had enough drama in my life already.

Stallion Series is light, truthful and conservative and the characters have their character.

Stylized by Liz Uy- the ultimate splurge! This served as that blinking red warning that maybe I’m really sort of stressed.
Why would I buy stylized? A small hardbound golden book full of pictures and illustrations that costs Php395.00 and Liz Uy’s book signing tour was last week, so why did I bought it? I don’t know why, but my only regret in buying the book was that I’m way too late for the book signing and picture taking.

Then a phone call came from a long lost friend. No matter how many Jurassic years it would take before his next call, he always call at the right time (where right time means I’m feeling down, sad and tired) matter what kind the conversation is, the calls never fail to leave me smiling (inside, outside and beyond :D). If only he called an hour earlier, I could’ve saved myself from splurging. 

Neweiz, my purchases are consumable, except for the books but I’ve had my happiness recharged enough to last who knows when.  


I’m loving life!





No comments:

Post a Comment