What you'll need:
1 medium head Lettuce
2 medium sized Tomatoes
1 small bulb of onion
Iced Water/Cold water
1. Wash the lettuce leaves and set aside.
2. Wash the tomatoes and slice , do not include the seeds (I prefer cubes because they look pleasing to the eye)
3. Peel onion and slice into thin strips. You have to cut the onion into thin strips so that it goes unnoticeable in your salad. This way, picky eaters get to eat them than spend a lightyear separating them good onions from the salad.
4. Peel Ginger and cut also into thin strips. The more ginger you use, the more flavor you get.
5. Ready your ice bath. This is just cold water in a big bowl or basin for your lettuce leaves. Dip the leaves into the cold water and drain. Do not soak for too long,the goal is to perk the leaves up that they may come out crisp.
6. Slice the leaves.
7. In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced tomatoes,ginger and onions.
8.Add salt to taste and squeeze calamansi juice. Remove the lemon seeds for they tend to give off a bitter taste, The lemon gives life to your salad. When you don't put lemon and just use mayonnaise, Mauumay ka (Sorry there's just no exact word for umay).
9. Add mayonnaise,stir and taste to your liking. Add more salt depending on your preference. For first timers, use Lady's Choice Mayonnaise for a no-fail salad. We only use Lady'd Choice Mayonnaise at home and no other. But you can always use other brands of mayonnaise but some are sweet to the taste so you'll be needing more time to get the perfect taste. I say, save the other mayonnaise brands to your future experimentation (if you want).
10. Mix in the leaves
11. Enjoy your salad as part your meal or as a snack.
I forgot to take a picture of the salad I prepared for I ate it right away. You should try this one, really. You may start with a small sized head of lettuce if you're having doubts with the salad. But for me? There's no saying NO when I'm offered with this salad. I don't order salads when dining out because I know what delicious salad tastes .(for me)*winks