Friday, November 28, 2014

What will be will be

Blocking. This is one feature of Facebook that is a thousand harsher than the unfriend button.  Why do people block someone on FB? There can be many reasons why a person would decide to block someone from simple reasons that a person is annoying to worst cases like harassment.

It all narrows down to two main reasons: You don’t want “A” to see you and your public activities on Facebook and the second is that you don’t want to see “A” on any part of facebookdome.

How would you know you are blocked? If you’d use another Facebook Account and you can still view A’s profile, then good gracious, you are obviously blocked by that person (like me), Strictly banned from viewing A’s profile, adding that person as a friend as well as sending messages to the person(like me). To add more, you won’t be able to see if “A” liked or commented on a photo, post or link.


I haven’t blocked anyone on Facebook just until now. I have clicked the unfriend button more than a dozen times and I’ve   (consciously) been unfriended too a couple of times, but I havent’ been blocked by a person just until recently.

As far as my honest assessment, I have been good in Facebook and never rude. I am not annoying but at times  I do playful ploy-ing. And so I cannot really understand (i just don't get it) why was I blocked?

Being blocked hurts. It hurts your ego and your soul. It is like you are wished to never exist. It is like you are not wanted in somebody else’s life that even the public information and posts are denied from you.

Unfriend means: do not meddle in my life, I just know you now by face and you’re not important. Watch me from both near and far. Just a face with a half-forgotten name.

Blocked means: I do not want you to become part of my life and vice versa (I do not want to become part of your life).

But in the end of your monthlong frustrated wondering of the why’s and the feelings of being hurt and etc., you’d realize that maybe,just maybe, the intention of blocking you might be to help the BOTH of you to become happier and not the other way round.

Could it be that you are blocked, so that you will stop viewing his/her profile or that maybe, to stop him/her from viewing your profile. There are many sides to one story, but on my side (right now), I am thankful that he slammed shut the door at my face, that way I can tend  my bruises on the doorstep and strut away. When I walk away, you won’t catch up on me limping.

Yes, I was so damn hurt. That’s how I badly wanted to become a part of somebody’s life and oh how I wished that somebody to become part of mine. But there are just certain things that cannot be…and sometimes life needs to put not just signs but also  drop bombs on the boundaries to really let us know that IT CANNOT BE.


I just simply have to let it be.


K.BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment