Thursday, June 26, 2014

Positive Activity

My morning routine in the office is : turn on the PC,check for new e-mails,check Yahoo News, and check my blog stats before proceeding to my  office tasks. Yes, I check my blog stats daily ever since "that" friend of mine told me that no one reads my blog. I was hurt because, being one of the few people who knew I'm trying to maintain a blog, I expected him to be a little more supportive. Since that, I check the viewer stats to know if no one really reads my blog. I smile and I'm thankful for every viewer and comment that I get from my posts. I don't get to have comments usually ( for my posts), that's why I'm happy everytime I get one.

One comment from a fellow blogger led me to write a post today. Joy, who maintains two blogs willyouhearfromme and joysnotepad , recently left a comment on on my previous post. I visited her site  before and found that her posts are inspiring. Today, I visited again her site and browsed  on her earlier posts. I am in awe to find out that her blogs are more than inspiring, they are enlightening and serve as good reminders of the goodness of life. 

As we go through our daily routines, encounter daily mishaps and disappointments,we tend to complain and forget the lessons we may be learning along the process. There are times when we need to slow down and ponder on things not to further drain ourselves by discovering more worries but to recharge ourselves with positivity.

One of Joy's post is that of a short story with an insight of the difference between growing up and growing old. You can read the post by clicking here

I am resharing to you the lyrics of the song 'THE ROSE' which is also shared on Joy's post.

The Rose

Some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger,
an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
and you it's only seed. 
It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken,
who cannot seem to give,
and the soul afraid of dyin'
that never learns to live. 
When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been to long,
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong,
just remember in the winter
far beneath the winter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose.

The music and lyrics were written by Amanda Mc Broom. It was made popular by Bette Midler. You can also find a Westlife, LeAnn Rimes,Janis Joplin and Glee version in Youtube.

If we want positivity, we just need to do positive activities. Like wake up,get up,speak up,listen up and sometimes shut up. We may break down but we need to stand up. Most of all, keep ourselves reminded that we have a back-up who is powerful and mighty that leads and guides with a great love.

No comments:

Post a Comment